Educational Services Coordinator
The Adult Education Services Coordinator reports to the Director of Adult Education. Responsibilities of this position include supervision of two to three employees delivering education services in Congreso’s Department of Adult Education. This position serves as the programmatic Learning Coach for Congreso’s myPLACE Campus and is responsible for program recruitment, intake, academic assessments, coaching, and enrollment. The Adult Education Services Coordinator supervises the daily operations of Congreso’s myPLACE Campus, GED/HiSET Testing Center, Digital Literacy and ESL programs and is accountable for the data management, outcome reporting, and adherence to funder goals for these programs. The Adult Education Services Coordinator will employ Congreso’s Primary Client Model (PCM®) skills in managing employees and clients. In addition, the Adult Education Services Coordinator will utilize a variety of case management skills and protocols to process, assess, refer, and retain learners in programming that aligns with the learner’s educational and career goals.
- Responsible for supervising the GED Testing Proctor/myPLACE Support Staff, the ESL Instructor and as well as other employees in the Adult Education Services programs. Supervisory responsibilities include, but are not limited to: orientation and training, timely processing of HR documentation, conducting performance reviews and employing correctional action if needed, guiding professional development and program implementation meetings, and ensuring that Congreso standards of professionalism and protocol are carried out.
- Assist the Director of Adult Education with administrative reporting, hiring, recruitment, program design and implementation as needed in the Adult Education Department.
- Adhere to all case management requirements as determined by Congreso’s policies and PCM® model as well as policies and practices established by the funder.
- Assess clients’ educational needs, identify educational resources, make myPLACE network referrals, and document client interactions/data in all program databases.
- Implement, by instruction and action, the philosophy of education and career/life learning exploration.
- Forecast the educational needs of each myPLACE client based on assessments, and client’s interests and abilities.
- Attend and actively participate in all funder and agency required trainings, meetings and events.
- Meet with walk-in clients, answer questions and be available for client needs in person and by phone.
- Maintain constructive, professional relationships with the funder and partner agencies.
- Schedule events, reserve rooms and work with front desk staff to ensure that they have accurate and up-to-date information about myPLACE activities and schedules.
- Responsible for all program outcomes including but not limited to: operational hours, client events, recording of grades/attendance, client progress through the program, staff training qualifications, adherence to standardized test protocols, timely and accurate data entry in all program-specific databases, etc.
- Carry out myPLACE functions in a manner that meets or exceeds funder expectations and maintain familiarity with required outcomes.
- Support professional growth and development of myPLACE team members.
- Work with the Educational Services Manager to review and revise as needed program elements to maximize outcomes, operational efficiencies, and effectiveness for clients.
Minimum Experience, Education, and Qualifications
- High School Equivalency required Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience in the delivery of education services and programming as well as proctoring standardized tests.
- Knowledge of the Eastern North Philadelphia community and resources within the community and in the city at large.
- Experience providing programming to adults from the Eastern North Philadelphia Community.
- Experience working with Excel spreadsheets and managing data using ETO, ASAP, or other similar data management systems.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) required, assessment will be conduct
- Minimum of one year experience in project management that includes leading a team and delivering target outcomes.