Parenting Support Specialist
The Parenting Support Specialist (PPS) is responsible for the facilitation of parenting classes using the set program curriculum throughout all designated sites. The PPS will work closely with the Enhanced Parenting Program Coordinator in adjusting the curriculum as needed. The PPS will also provide comprehensive education and support services for FEC parents and will be primarily responsible for the coordination of family- led activities and initiatives. He/she will educate and build trust among parents, based on family support principals establishing an atmosphere of trust and mutual support where parents feel safe. The PPS will also assist the Coordinator with administrative aspects of the program as well as the evaluation system for the outcomes.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Social Work or related field required.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) required.
- Experience providing case management or educational services to high risk and diverse client population preferred.
- Experience working with adolescents and young adults preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with individuals and groups required.
- Knowledge of the Latino and urban community of Philadelphia.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required (Word & Excel).