CDL-A Trucking License
Congreso’s CDL-A “Careers in Trucking” Program provides the education and resources for individuals to secure the Class-A driver’s license and become part of the industry. We partner with All-State Career School, AAA School of Trucking and Smith & Solomon to provide students with 8-10 weeks of mandatory instruction that includes:
- Mandatory course work to secure the Class-A driver’s permit
- The Entry-Level Driver Training (ELDT) required by the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration for enrollment in CDL-A training
- 5-6 weeks of hands-on training required for CDL-A licensing
The program is 100% in-person and classes are offered on a monthly basis.
Christina Reyes, Manager of Employment & Training Services | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 267-265-8718
- School tuition and all training related expenses (such as the DOT physical, drug screening, uniforms and endorsements) are covered 100% by Congreso
- Intensive case management support is offered to all students in an effort to remediate barriers that may negatively impact graduation success and prevent family crisis situations
- Preferred applicants are over 21 years old
- Possess a clean driving record for at least one full year – for example, no points on your license and no suspension of driving privileges within the last year
- Must be registered with the PA CareerLink System and connected to a Philadelphia CareerLink Office (for more information individuals can call 1-833-750-5627 or visit www.pacareerlinkphl.org)
- Ability to communicate in English
- Must be able to attend training for 8-10 weeks Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. through 5 p.m.
- Ability to pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and submit to immediate drug testing
Congreso has been proudly offering CDL-A Training to Philadelphia residents since 2004. As a result of consistently delivering high quality training that results in successful outcomes in the areas of graduation, employment and job retention, we are funded to serve as one of the main gateways to obtain FREE Class A training in the city of Philadelphia. The program typically graduates over 100 individuals on a yearly basis.
Sujei, a mother of two young children, was one of over 30 applicants to apply for a coveted CDL-A training slot through Congreso during the month of January 2022. Staff were only able to accept 10 new applicants for February classes so Sujei was faced with less than a 50% chance of being chosen. When it came time for Sujei to interview in front of the program selection panel, she immediately impressed all as she had already secured a Class-A permit and a Hazmat endorsement – based her own studying efforts. Furthermore, Sujei shared that she was fully prepared to secure a long haul Tractor Trailer driving job immediately upon graduation which is a huge undertaking especially for mothers. Sujei was selected as a finalist and enrolled in the CDL-A program on February 28. 2022. Sujei’s performance as a student was extraordinary – graduating within six weeks of program enrollment – becoming the first in her class to graduate. Sujei is currently in the final stages of interviewing for employment as Tractor Trailer Driver with some of the most reputable Transport Companies in the industry.