EMT Training Program
Congreso recognizes the important role that Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT) serve in our communities and the need for quality, equitable, and accessible training. In partnership with All-State Career School, our program trains those who dream of a career in emergency medical services with the required education to obtain the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) certification. Our program is 100% in person – students travel to All-State Career School 3 days/week and to Congreso’s Training Center 2 days/week. Upon successful completion of the classroom portion of training, all students participate in a two-week externship to receive hands-on training and insight into the role of an EMT.
Through our program, students obtain the following credentials:
- FEMA: National Incident Management Systems 100, 200, 700 & 800
- American Heart Association BLS (CPR/AED)
- Mental Health First Aid certification
- National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians certification
Caroline Haeffner, Workforce Credential Coordinator | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In addition to instruction and lab work, students participate in Crisis Communication curriculum, Mental Health First Aid training, career exposure and networking opportunities, professional development workshops, and study sessions to support student success.
- Must be 18 years or older
- High school diploma/GED
- Permission to run background check and drug screening
- Available to commit to a full-time 12-week program
- Classes are Monday-Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Reliable transportation plan to get to Allstate Career for class
Congreso’s very first EMT cohort of four ambitious students began their journey in January 2022 and we are proud to report that 100% successfully completed the program in April 2022. These graduates are now equipped with the necessary training and skills to complete the NREMT credentialing exam in June. They obtained credentials in Mental Health First Aid, FEMA disaster preparedness, and CPR/AED. In addition, each one completed 20+ hours of externship with Keystone Quality Transport where they gained valuable, hands-on experience prior to graduation. As a result of their hard work and dedication, graduates are now employed full-time with Keystone and Congreso is extremely proud of their accomplishments!