The Physician will oversee the daily clinical operations and coordination of primary health care services at the Congreso Health Center, which at full capacity, serves 4,000 patients in partnership with Public Health Management Corporation (PHMC). The Physician will be responsible for implementing effective leadership and developing management strategies that maximize effectiveness, efficiency and productivity in the provision of primary care, including continuous quality improvement and protocol development. The physician will supported by Registered Nurse, Medical and Center Administrator. This person is responsible for providing quality, culturally competent primary health care services to the target population in a Federally Qualified Health Center. The Physician will report to the Network Clinical Director.
Coordinates and provides primary care medical services to target population, which includes but is not limited to:
- Collecting adequate client data during the visit,
- Conducting physical exam,
- Interpreting physical findings and managing patient conditions/illnesses,
- Referring patients for specialty care as conditions or protocols dictate.
- Reviews all patient laboratory results, consult reports, and other medical or biopsychosocial information on a daily basis and makes medical decisions as necessary based on this information.
- Prescribes and renews medication in accordance with Pennsylvania law, and utilizes the Pennsylvania Prescription Drug Monitoring Database when prescribing opioids/narcotics.
- Utilizes internal resources such as nutritionist, health insurance navigator, HIV Medical Assistant, Care Coordinator, Referral Coordinator, etc. as necessary in order to remove barriers to patient care.
- Maintains accurate, detailed patient chart notes in the Electronic Health Record, and completes chart notes within 24 hours of patient visit.
- Maintains confidentiality of clinical records in accordance with HIPAA regulations
Quality of Care
Works within all state/federal laws and regulations and collaborating physician agreements.
Maintains clinical protocols and primary care policies, in accordance with the standards of all relevant funders and regulators and keeps abreast of all pertinent policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
Five or more years clinical experience in ambulatory primary care or community healthcare setting required. It is required that the Physician is bilingual in Spanish.
Supervisory experience preferred.
MD or DO, Board Certification in Family Practice or Internal Medicine
Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
Unrestricted PA license
Congreso is a multi-service nonprofit organization whose mission enables individuals and families in predominantly Latino neighborhoods to achieve economic self-sufficiency and wellbeing.
Founded in Philadelphia in 1977, Congreso has grown into a national thought leader on nonprofit performance management with an expert focus on the Latino community. Congreso is anchored by its innovative Primary Client Model (PCM™), and provides direct services to residents of the Philadelphia region while providing consult to other nonprofits and government systems nationally.