Housing Counseling & Financial Literacy
The housing counseling and financial literacy program assists individuals to determine affordability and sustainability for housing through budget counseling, credit counseling, pre-purchase counseling, and foreclosure counseling. Financial assistance with back rent, moving cost and foreclosure prevention is available based on eligibility and availability of funding.
CONGRESO IS NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING RENTAL ASSISTANCE APPLICATIONS. If you have already submitted an application, please ensure that you have all of your documentation ready and a member of Congreso’s housing team will be in touch with you. Please find informational resources below. For additional housing and community resources, click here.
Housing Intake Support | Phone: 215-763-8870 ext. 1495
- Program Hours: Monday – Thursday 9am -1pm, remote & in-person support offered at preference of client
- Educational workshops (first-time homebuyer, fair housing and predatory lending, and foreclosure).
- Financial Coaching
- Linkage to resources
- Financial assistance for rent and mortgage
- There is no income requirement for counseling.
- Financial assistance grants are based on income eligibility.
The Congreso Housing Counseling Program has offered 174 workshops and educated over 1,000 individuals. We have assisted over 350 families/individuals to avoid homelessness.