Congreso de Latinos Unidos, Inc. is currently seeking a part-time Enhanced Parenting Facilitator within the Family and Housing Services division at Congreso. The Enhanced Parenting Facilitator works up to 25 hours a week and is responsible for facilitation of parenting classes using the set program curriculum throughout all designated sites. The Facilitator will work closely with the Parenting Program Coordinator in adjusting the curriculum as needed. The Facilitator will provide comprehensive education and support services for parents and be primarily responsible for the coordination of parent-led initiatives. He/she will educate and build trust among parents, based on family support principals establishing an atmosphere of trust and mutual support where parents feel safe. The Facilitator will also assist the Coordinator with the administrative aspects of the program as well as the evaluation system for the outcomes.
Congreso is a multi-service nonprofit organization whose mission is to strengthen Latino communities through social, economic, education, and health services; leadership development and advocacy. Founded in Philadelphia in 1977, Congreso has grown into a national thought leader on nonprofit performance management with an expert focus on the Latino community. Congreso is anchored by its innovative Primary Client Model (PCM™), and provides direct services to residents of the Philadelphia region while providing consult to other nonprofits and government systems nationally.
- Responsible for quality for Enhanced Parenting Program
- Assist in developing proper evaluation system to measure outcomes for parenting workshops
- Facilitate and supervise educational parenting workshops and support groups for parents on a flexible schedule (including evening and possibly weekend hours) in English & Spanish
- Provide and develop culturally-appropriate curriculum for workshops
- Participate in trauma courses and incorporate content in curriculum
- Continue collaborative efforts with the fatherhood initiative and creating a more father friendly agency through collaborative efforts throughout the programs.
- Work to develop integration of parenting services across all case management programs in the division
- Regularly meet with Data & Evaluation team in order to ensure program staff compliance with quality assurance standards
- Identify, build and maintain collaborative relationships with funder, referral sources and community resources that can be brought into the program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social work or related field required. Master’s preferred.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
- Experience providing educational and supportive services in a community setting. Experience working in an urban community setting.
Congreso is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Congreso is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. All employment decisions at Congreso are made without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability or military/veteran status, or any other protected class as set forth under applicable State, Local and Federal Civil Rights Laws.