Congreso’s Tax Site, which is run by volunteers, utilizes the Benefit Bank as its system to complete tax returns for individuals and families.
From February 7th 2022 through April 18th 2022, Congreso will be officially open to the public to assist with tax preparation. It’s a totally FREE service for those who have earned $56,000 or less!
Mondays and Wednesdays: 9am-5pm
Tuesdays and Thursdays: 9am-7pm
No appointment is necessary. Clients will be served on a first-come, first-served basis. Actual tax preparation will be done virtually.
Please bring these documents with you:
- Taxpayer(s)* valid photo identification
- Original Social Security Card or ITIN of taxpayer(s)* and all dependents
- Income documentation (including W-2 forms, cash income, 1099-MISC, 1099-K, 1099-R, 1099-NEC, etc.,)
- If you would like direct deposit, a voided check, bank statement, or letter from the bank must be provided.
- 2020 Taxes (if available)
*If filing “Married Filing Jointly”, both spouses will need to present ID, SSNs or ITINs, and be present to sign the return.
For more information, please call 215-763-8870
Only if Applicable:
- Letter 6419 (Total Advance Child Tax Credit for 2021)
- Letter 6475 (Total Economic Impact Payments for 2021)
- 1098-T (educational expenses)
- 1099-INT or 1099-DIV (interest or dividends)
- 1099-G (unemployment compensation)
- 1098 (home mortgage insurance)
- 1098-E (student loan interest)
- 1099-SSA (social security)
- 5498-SA and 1099-SA (health savings account)
- 1099-A or 1099-C (cancellation of debt)
- 1095-B, 1095-C, 1095-A (health insurance)
- Identity Protection Pin (issued by the IRS after an occurrence of identity theft)
- Documentation of expenses if self-employed or cash-income