Dual Enrollment – PSU Abington
Over the course of the year, students will take up to 4 college courses: Intro. To Psychology, Adolescent Development, Intro to Sociology, and Intro to Disability Culture. Any student who successfully completes all four courses will obtain their Rehabilitation and Human Services Certificate from PSU Abington.
The Dual Enrollment program, in partnership with Penn State University Abington, offers high school juniors and seniors the opportunity to earn 12 college credits by the time they graduate from high school. In addition, students attend a summer immersion program which provides a comprehensive college experience that is not otherwise widely available to these students or many others in the region. This helps to establish a broader, realistic vision for participants of what “going away to college” can look like, including enjoying the college experience, and the ability to maintain community and family ties, and obligations.
Dorothy Smith, Manager of Training and Post-Secondary Education | Email: email@example.com
- Summer College Immersion
- College courses and Certificate
- Supportive services
- Juniors and Seniors in High School who are: Ellis Trust Eligible, or attend one of Congreso’s partner schools
- 51 total students served in 3 cohorts, plus the pilot program
- 432 Credits earned between these 51 students
- Median Grade of Students Enrolled is an A
- 88.4% with a B or higher