E3 Center (16 – 24yr olds only)
Previously known as E3 Power Centers, E3 provides free year-round education, employment, and empowerment services for youth and young adults in Philadelphia. E3 delivers critical academic skills and employment readiness training to 16 to 24-year-olds in Philadelphia who are out of school or work. E3 services help young people take the next step toward a career through holistic, individualized educational, employment, and empowerment support. Classes are held in-person Monday through Friday, in morning and afternoon sessions. If you are interested, you can schedule your orientation session here: Select a Date & Time – Calendly
Grecia Ojeda | E3 Manager | Email: email@example.com | Phone: 484-477-3898
Jose Benitez | E3 Specialist | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 267-268-7235
- Education: Literacy and numeracy skills, secondary credential attainment of high school diploma or GED, connect to training or post-secondary education, post-secondary access and planning, preparing and planning for next step secondary attainment.
- Employment: job readiness training, Access to subsidized employment including internships, community services, or service-learning opportunities, transitioning to career, pre-apprenticeships, or other training programs.
- Empowerment: upskilling and coaching for advancement within your career pathway, defining your vision, focusing on goals, measuring your progress, and support opportunities to get connected to transportation, childcare subsidy, health services, secure housing, etc.
- Accepts students from 17 – 24 years old (up to 25th birthday)
- Must be out of school and/or returning from juvenile justice placement.
- Students who have already completed their diploma and are seeking assistance with employment or college may also apply so long as they meet the other eligibility requirements
- Must be a Philadelphia resident.
- Must be seeking to elevate their academic achievement and pursue long-term personal and professional goals.
- E³ Services | Programs and initiatives | City of Philadelphia
- E3 Services – JEVS Human Services
- Get Your GED – Classes, Online Practice Test, Study Guides, More | GED®
GED Services (18yrs+)
Congreso is an official GED Testing Site affording hundreds of Pennsylvania residents the opportunity to complete their GED each year. Prospective registrants are encouraged to visit the website www.ged.com in order to register for the exam online. Once they create their GED accounts and select the Congreso testing center, they may choose their preferred dates and times to sit for the exam. Students wishing to take the GED should register online at https://ged.com/.
*Congreso does not currently have GED classes in Spanish, however, the test itself can be taken in Spanish.
For GED Prep, please visit: Select a Date & Time – Calendly
For more GED Test Service information please call directly to 1-877-EXAM-GED (877-392-6433)
ESPAÑOL: Si requiere más información sobre el Servicio de examen GED comuniquese directamente al 1-877-450-3276
Open hours: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
- Students must be at least 18 years of age to take the GED exam in Pennsylvania.
- Students must bring a government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, non-driver’s license, passport) and proof of Pennsylvania residency, if not stated on the ID, with them to the testing center. Testers that do not possess a valid photo ID will not be permitted to take their test.
- Students must create an account on GED.com to take official GED test at Congreso’s GED test center.
Articles and Tips
Please be aware that some GED tests do not include a scheduled break. Please come
Be sure to arrive at least one half-hour before your scheduled test appointment.
Don’t forget to bring your valid photo ID with you, or you will not be permitted to test.