First Time Home Buyer Workshop
The goal of these workshops is to provide clients with a strong foundation of knowledge as they begin the home purchase process. Prospective homeowners receive comprehensive information from experts about mortgage lending, credit and budgeting, real estate, home inspections, and available sources to help with down payment and closing costs.
If you have any questions about workshops or our Housing Counseling program, please email Congresohousing@congreso.net
Frequently Asked Questions:
When do workshops open for signup?
- Workshops are always open for signups
How do I get a one-on-one counseling appointment?
- The first step in getting a one-on-one counseling appointment is completing this form in English or Spanish.
- After you have completed your one on one, you will be scheduled to attend the workshop and fill out the Pre Purchase Intake Packet.
- After attending the scheduled workshop date, you will receive an attendance certificate.
- After you return a signed copy of the certificate you will receive a call or email form your assigned housing counselor.
How do I qualify for the Philly First Home grant?
- To be eligible you must complete a FREE City-funded homeownership counseling program — which includes our first-time homebuyer workshop and a one-on-one session with one of our HUD Certified housing counselors following completion of the workshop — before you sign an Agreement of Sale. See all details for eligibility here.
Can I use an outside credit agency report?
- Yes, we can accept a credit report from an outside credit agency. This report must be with in the 30 days and reflect all 3-credit reporting agency this report is called a tri-merge report. (Equifax, Transunion and Experian)
How long does it take to get my attendance certificate?
- Please allow 1-2 weeks from the date you attend the workshop to receive your attendance certificate via email. The certificate will be sent to the email address you signed up with.
Congreso congratulates Ms. Maria for purchasing her first home!
“Ms. Maria was very determined and passionate to purchase her first home. She was ready and completed our First-Time Home Buyer program in 2 months,” shared Anabeth Rosado, one of Congreso’s Housing Counselors.
Ms. Maria was able to get grants to assist with her closing from her lender and additional grants through Congreso.